Q. How will I activate my subscription and get the necessary technical support?
A. For account activation and technical and customer support inquiries, please contact.
|REGION||TOLL FREE NUMBER||HOURS OF OPERATION|
|US & Canada||1888-216-1671||24/7|
Q. I am prompted by an “Access Denied” error screen after turning on the set top box (STB). What do I do?
A. Please call our Customer Service Department to activate your STB.
Q. The STB is not connecting to the Internet. How do I facilitate the connection?
A. If your STB is not able to connect to the Internet, it will display an error screen. Make sure that your STB is connected to the Internet using your existing broadband connection (DSL, cable modem, etc.). You may either connect your STB directly to the cable modem or to a router. To connect your STB to the Internet, you will need an Ethernet CAT5 cable, which is included in your equipment.
To make the connection, you can try the following:
- If you are connecting a DSL modem directly to the STB, make sure that the DSL modem includes a built-in router or a wireless access point (AP). Otherwise, you must purchase a router and connect the STB through the router instead of making a direct connection.
- If you are connecting a cable modem directly to the STB:
- Make sure you that whenever you plug or unplug different devices to a cable modem, do turn off the cable modem beforehand. When you turn it on, wait for the lights to stop blinking before attaching any devices. The cable modem remembers the last device attached to it unless you reset it.
- Check that the cables are connected firmly.
- Check that you have selected “LAN” on the STB configuration screen by pressing “SETUP” on your remote.
Make sure that the cable connections are connected correctly and securely. Follow the instructions in the TFCko Setup and User Guide when connecting.
- If you are connecting the STB directly to the DSL modem:
- Make sure that the DSL modem has a built-in router. Otherwise, you must connect the STB through a router instead of making a direct connection.
- If you are connecting the STB directly to a cable modem:
- Make sure to turn off the cable modem and wait for the blinking lights to become steady before plugging in the STB
- Check that the cables are firmly connected.
- Check that you have selected “LAN” on the STB configuration screen by pressing “Set Up” on the remote control.
Q.The STB was connected to the cable modem directly and it worked. When the STB was disconnected from the cable modem and the PC was reconnected, there was no Internet connection. How do I reconnect to the Internet?
A. The cable modem remembers the last device connected to it. In order to get the Internet connection working again, turn off the cable modem for a few seconds to reset it. Turn on the cable modem and wait for the blinking lights to become steady before turning on your PC.
Q. The STB will not turn on or has no power. What do I do about this?
A. Try to plug the AC power to a different outlet then check if the power switch at the back of the STB is set to “ON” position. Also, check if the remote control has the required two “AAA” batteries.
As a matter of good practice, it is best to leave the power switch to “ON” position and use the remote control to turn on and off your STB.
Q. The TV screen is displaying an “Unable to access your requested page, please try again” message. How do I go about this?
A. Using the remote control, press “Set Up” to go to the STB configuration screen. If the status is “DHCP IP Failed,” arrow down to DHCP and press “Play.” Once the DHCP IP number shows up, press “Home” to go back to the homepage. Make sure that homepage address is abs-cbnip.tv.
Q.The TV screen is displaying a “Server Busy” message. What does this mean?
A. .Identify the channel and the time that the “Server Busy” error screen showed up. Check if other channels are showing the same error message. Conduct a speed test on your STB by pressing the “TEST”button in your remote control three times. This will initiate a one-minute network speed test. The speed test will check if your bandwidth throughput meets the 1 mbps minimum requirement.
Q. How to check my bandwidth (throughput)?
A. You can check the bandwidth available at any time while playing by pressing the “TEST”button in your remote control three times. This will initiate a one-minute network speed test. The speed test will check if your bandwidth throughput meets the 1 mbps minimum requirement.
Q. The TV screen is displaying a “Buffering” message. What do I do about this?
A. The following conditions may trigger a “buffering” error:
- The broadband connection being provided by your ISP is slow and does not meet the 1 mbps minimum requirement.
- Other connected devices are using a lot of Internet bandwidth (e.g., downloading of music and movies). Regular Internet surfing, chatting, and emailing are okay. Check if buffering affects more than one channel. Conduct a speed test. If the bandwidth through put is lower than 1 mbps, it is not capable of supporting the minimum requirement. Check your Internet connection.
Q. The picture on the screen is black and white or has no color. How do I correct this?
A. The STB must be configured to the appropriate video setting. In the STB configuration screen, select the correct setting by pressing “PLAY.” A star marks the selected video setting.
Set to S-Video if you are using the S-Video cable
- Set to Video/Component Video if you are using the Component Video cable
Q. The audio is not synchronized with the video. How do I fix this?
A.Check what program, the specific part of the program, and the time when the problem occurred. Check if other channels/programs exhibit the same problem. Conduct a speed test to make sure that the bandwidth meets the minimum 1 mbps requirement.
Q. The video is pixilated. What causes this problem?
A. Pixilation may happen in live streaming when the user’s bandwidth is not enough to handle the higher video coming through. This results to these unwanted pictures. It would also explain the “freezing” of the video.
Q. My TV has no sound. What do I do when this happens?
A. Check if the TV or STB volume control is on mute. Check if the problem occurs on both regular and TFCko programming.
Q.I have connected my cable modem directly to the STB and it worked. When I connected it back to my PC, I cannot access my Internet any more. What caused this problem and how do I solve it?
A. You need to power off the PC and the cable modem; wait for a few seconds, then turn the cable modem back on first. Wait for the blinking lights to become steady and then turn the PC back on. As good practice, if you need to connect a PC and an STB to the Internet, you should connect the output of a cable modem to the input of a router, and then connect both the PC and the STB to the router.
Q. The TV screen is displaying a “White Screen.” What should I do?
A. Check the cable and “Plug and Unplug” the RCA cable. Replace the RCA cable.
Q. My STB is already activated. However, my TV screen is still displaying an “Unable to access or Access Denied” error message. Why does this happen and how do I fix it?
A. Check the CAT5 cable. “Plug and Unplug” the cable wire or replace it. Check the modem with built-in or separate router and reset the router. If the status is “DHCP IP failed,” check the homepage address. Make sure that home page address is abs-cbnip.tv.
Q. The video-on-demand (VOD) TV screen is displaying “Server Busy.” What do I do when this occurs?
A. This happens if a program was not downloaded in IPTV service, Pls. call our toll free Technical Support at 1-888-216-1671 or email to email@example.com, Mon-Sun, 8am to 5pm (PST).